Device firmware update via BLE
- In advance, download and install the nRF Toolbox app, which is available on both iOS (App Store) and Android (Google Play).（iphone / Android）
- Make the device enter the Bootloader mode for DFU(Device Firmware Update) in the following steps.
Briefly, power the device while holding down the Play button (triangle-shaped).
1) While holding down the Play button (triangle-shaped),NOTE) The order to press buttons is important.
2) Press the Record button (Circle-shaped) more than 2 seconds.
3) Release the Record button first,
4) Release the Play button (triangle) second.
5) The device restart and the device name changes to KM-1 DFU.
- Open email with the attached firmware zip file.
- Long-press the zip file icon, the alert pops. Then tap "Read by nRF Toolbox" and nRF Toolbox launches. (Tap "DFU" icon if needed.)
- Scan bootloader around by pressing "SELECT DEVICE".
Find the device name "KM-1 DFU" or "DFU Targ" and select it.NOTE) If the device is not entering bootloader mode, its device name remains like "KM-1 XXXX#RGB".
The update progress will cancelled in this state.
In that case, insert and remove USB Type-C cable, while holding down the Play button (triangle-shaped),
- Tap "Upload" button to transfer firmware image. The progress bar is displayed.
Make sure that it reaches 100% and "Upload Complete" appears. The device restarts in normal mode automatically.